Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New space

So I've not written much in November so far. This is because I was moving studios, or rather, expanding my studio space, perhaps a rather insane thing to do in a recession. Here is Gypsy Dave knocking the wall through:



The hole in the wall was already there but had been boarded up. I have also had flu, and art-wise I was invited to make and submit two new pieces for POP100 (www.presentingthetop100.com) which is nothing to do with the Willow Pattern project.

I have still not been to see Runa Islam at Tate Britain, but I'm hoping to do that trip soon, combined with a visit to the new Saatchi space in West London which is showing Julian Schnabel's new "Chinese Paintings". Schnabel, of course, is famous for his huge canvases with broken pottery attached to them from the late 70s. I didn't like them much then, but his new Chinese paintings look interesting...And the main show at the new gallery is Chinese artists.

Here's a stack of Chinese paintings of my own, waiting for me to finish them...

No comments: