Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Breaking The Ice


A haitus - or freeze, rather - has occurred on this blog...due to Christmas, I suppose, and freezing conditions in the studio, with predicted yet still amazing SNOW, a huge tax bill to pay and the even more desperate need to earn some money in a depression... So I find myself studying the MANGA style for a commissioned education pack, and the BANGLA style for a design tender - everything seems outside the remit of this blog.

The photo above is Greenwich Park on the second day of snow (Feb 3rd 2009) and the photos below show China Blues under snow at Creekside Centre, kindly taken by Nick Bertram - he reckons it looks like surf as the snow melted, and apologised for walking all over the piece when it was covered in the white stuff.

I have been asked to submit some photographic documentation of China Blues for an exhibition in East London - A Cup of Tea Solves Everything. This opens on Friday 20 February and is the brainchild of some young St Martins graduates who have organised the show through Facebook. I had to join Facebook to take part and I have no idea whether non-FB members can see this:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=49206669162&ref=ts

Meanwhile I still need to explain the Burberry connection of earlier posts and why it has any relevance here...I shall attempt to do that in the next post.



No comments: