Friday, June 4, 2010

British Gas vandals

I was passing Creekside Centre yesterday and noticed there was a lot going on in the yard. A lot of people attending a training event on green roofs were enjoying the sunshine outside the classroom, and a couple of vans were parked at the front of the yard. The site is leased from British Gas, and for weeks – on and off – the company has been investigating a gas leak. As I stood at the gate, one of the vans drove right onto my World In Pieces (aka China Blues)...

Hardly able to believe my eyes, I went in...I found Nick Bertram, Creekside Centre staff member, who came out and shouted at the gas workers. One of the chaps apologised, saying he thought it was already broken (well, yes, it is a mosaic of broken ceramic with weeds growing in it). He removed his van (by driving back over it again!)...


Now I don't know whether to repair it or remove it. The Centre staff are fond of it, but it's looking hellishly ropey...

Postscript: decided to tidy it up...

No comments: