Friday, October 1, 2010

Environment Agency - before and after

Before...





After...




Jill Goddard from Creekside Centre wrote on Wednesday:

I have spoken to the contractors and got out of them the contact at Workspace responsible for engaging the Environment Agency and this mess. I have spoken to him and told him what I think of his behaviour and I have banned workmen from the site until they have the decency to book access properly. I have asked for full plans of works and schedules...I will use the fact of what they said as a blatant lie and report this back to the Workspace guy so he knows.

Nick Bertram from the Centre wrote yesterday:

There was no communication. Despite what this character said we had no knowledge of what they were going to do and they didn't have any permission from us at all. I don't actually think he was lying – he had just been told what he wanted to hear.

I was down in the Creek just now and the rain has flushed the mud right out. Hooray!! I don't know if any have been washed away but I was astonished that none of your plates in the river have been smashed. The two shopping trolleys by the bridge have been shifted – the bigger one just the other side of the bridge and I couldn't find the smaller one at all. The worst of the spate has flushed through – the river's still slightly high but is safe to enter.


Alas, the weather is so awful today, there will be no cleaning of plates, and probably very few art tourists.

No comments: