Sunday, October 21, 2012

Samuel Smiths Old Brewery Bitter

Adjourning to The Angel pub (St Giles Street near Tottenham Court Road) with my niece Kate, after the TUC march yesterday (A Future That Works), was delighted to discover it is a Samuel Smiths pub with special Samuel Smith pumps.

Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I didn't take a pic. This photo is copyright of Beerlens.

Also a pleasant surprise was that some old friends from Deptford were in the pub. They had also been on the march. Moyni said they come here cos the beer's cheap, and I was reminded that recently a nerdy beer fanatic had told me that Samuel Smiths pubs only serve Samuel Smith's products. The price of the beer is set by the brewery at an affordable rate.

Their website says that no branded or media advertised products are stocked and their pubs have no music or TVs. It was a fitting place to end a day of protest against capitalism, and the beer was very good, but now I will have to find out why they have chosen the Willow Pattern to decorate their pumps!

No comments: